Update April 19, 2022
UPDATE OF SANITARY REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER PARAGUAY
Requirements for Entry into Paraguay
- Travelers from 12 years of ages shall have a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination schedule for entry into the country. Travelers who have completed two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination scheme or those who have received a single dose in a single-dose vaccination scheme and not more than 6 months have elapsed since the last dose. In Spanish, English, French or Portuguese.
- Travelers who do not have a vaccination certificate: Travelers from 12 years of age must present a test (ART: RT-PCR/LAMP/NAAT) with a negative result performed within 48 hours prior to boarding.
Persons who have already had the disease:
- Travelers from 12 years of age who have had COVID-19 from 10 to 90 days prior to entering the country, must prove such situation through laboratory results (ART: RT-PCR/LAMP/NAAT) or positive antigen test.
For further information, please consult: Sanitary requirements for entry <April 19, 2022 Spanish>
(Temporay and Permanet Visa)
一Common passport holder（PDF）
⇒ Application at
NON RESIDENT VISA (Tourist, technical and business)
As a general rule, passports must be valid for six months beyond the date the traveler will enter Paraguay.
I. Nationals of the following countries DO NOT NEED A VISA to enter Paraguay for short visits (tourism, technical and business) of up to 90 days:
|Argentina||Estonia||Lithuania||Singapore* (30 days)|
|Costa Rica||Israel||Peru||United Arab Emirates|
|Cyprus||Japan **||Portugal||United States of America|
|Denmark||Korea (30 days)||Republic Czech||Uruguay|
*For ordinary passport holders.
** Paraguayan nationals holders of common passport need visa to enter Japan.
II. Nationals of Russia and Taiwan can apply for a VISA ON ARRIVAL
for short stay (tourism, technical and business) of up to 90 days, and for Nationals of Qatar, up to 30 days.
⇒ The Visa on Arrival is available only at the Silvio Pettirossi International Airport (Asunción-Luque).
- Valid Passport.
- Payment in cash of the corresponding fee: Russia: 160 USD, Taiwan and Qatar: 100 USD
III. Nationals of countries not mentioned above MUST OBTAIN A VISA to enter Paraguay prior to their travel
⇒ Application at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Paraguay in Japan.
- Be a resident or legal visitor in Japan, Vietnam, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong,
Macao, Brunei Darussalam, Laos or Indonesia.
- Personal appearance of the applicant to pick up the visa (except with special authorization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
1. Sending the Application by post:
- Application form
- Color copy of passport (the page with personal data and page of visa of other countries). Passports must be valid for at least six months after the expected time of entry into Paraguay and must have at least 2 empty pages.
- For residents in Japan: Copy of the resident card.
- Information about your trip (flight reservation is not required.) Do not buy an air ticket before your visa approval.
- Copy of Bank Balance Certificate.
- Certificate of Health for travelers.
- Invitation letter from the Paraguayan company (in case of business visa) inviting the applicant.
- For residents outside Japan: Police clearance report (in English) legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Tour details.
- Invitation letter and copy of identity card of a family member, Paraguayan friend or foreign resident in Paraguay.
2. Send a Digital Photo
- The consular section may request any additional documents deemed necessary.
- If the applicant lives in a COUNTRY OF OUR JURISDICTION different from Japan, all above mentioned requirements must be sent only by contact form.
3. Personal appearance at this Embassy
Once the request is authorized *, the Consular Section will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment to pick up the visa and make the correspondent payment.
* From 5 to 30 business days after the correct reception of all the requirements.