- Land Border Sanitary Procedure: General Migration Office (Read more)
- Sanitary Protocol for land borders: Ministry of Public Health and Social Wellbeing (Read more)
- Self-Quarantine and Home Confinement Instructive: Ministry of Public Health and Social Wellbeing (Read more)
- Sanitary Protocol for Intl. Airport Silvio Pettirossi (from October 21): Ministry of Public Health and Social Wellbeing (Read more)
NOTE! Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
The Embassy of Paraguay informs that as of Monday, March 16, 2020, only Paraguayan nationals and foreigners residing in Paraguay will be able to enter the national territory to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Members of Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations who have authorization may also enter Paraguay.
This measure is apply during the Public Health Emergency declared on March 16, 2020.
Please refer to the link below for details.
RESIDENT VISA (Temporay and Permanet Visa)
一Common passport holder（PDF）
⇒ Application at Paraguay Immigration Bureau
NON RESIDENT VISA (Tourist, technical and business)
As a general rule, passports must be valid for six months beyond the date the traveler will enter Paraguay.
I. Nationals of the following countries DO NOT NEED A VISA to enter Paraguay for short visits (tourism, technical and business) of up to 90 days:
|Argentina||Finland||Lithuania||Singapore* (30 days)|
|Cyprus||Italy||Poland||United Arab Emirates|
|Denmark||Japan **||Portugal||United Kingdom|
|Ecuador||Korea (30 days)||Republic Czech||Uruguay|
*For ordinary passport holders.
** Paraguayan nationals holders of common passport need visa to enter Japan.
II. Nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Russia, Taiwan and United States of America can apply for a VISA ON ARRIVAL for short stay (tourism, technical and business) of up to 90 days, and for Nationals of Qatar, up to 30 days.
⇒ The Visa on Arrival is available only at the Silvio Pettirossi International Airport (Asunción-Luque).
- Valid Passport.
- Payment in cash of the corresponding fee:
|Australia: 135 USD||Russia: 160USD|
|Canada: 150 USD||Taiwan: 100USD|
|New Zealand: 140 USD||United States of America: 160 USD|
|Qatar: 100 USD|
III. Nationals of countries not mentioned above MUST OBTAIN A VISA to enter Paraguay prior to their travel
⇒ Application at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Paraguay in Japan.
- Be a resident or legal visitor in Japan, Vietnam, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Macao, Brunei Darussalam or Laos.
- Personal appearance of the applicant to pick up the visa (except with special authorization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
1. Sending the Application by post:
- Application form
- Color copy of passport (the page with personal data and page of visa of other countries). Passports must be valid for at least six months after the expected time of entry into Paraguay and must have at least 2 empty pages.
- For residents in Japan: Copy of the resident card.
- Information about your trip (flight reservation is not required.) Do not buy an air ticket before your visa approval.
- Copy of Bank Balance Certificate.
- Certificate of Health for travelers.
- Invitation letter from the Paraguayan company (in case of business visa) inviting the applicant.
- For residents outside Japan: Police clearance report (in English) legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Tour details.
- Invitation letter and copy of identity card of a family member, Paraguayan friend or foreign resident in Paraguay.
2. Send a Digital Photo
- The consular section may request any additional documents deemed necessary.
- If the applicant lives in a COUNTRY OF OUR JURISDICTION different from Japan, all above mentioned requirements must be sent only by contact form.
3. Personal appearance at this Embassy
Once the request is authorized *, the Consular Section will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment to pick up the visa and make the correspondent payment.
* From 5 to 30 business days after the correct reception of all the requirements.